• I read a lot, and I have a lot of opinions, so I can't believe I haven't made a list like this before. If you are even a little bit like me or you want to get a peek into my psyche (you probs don't), these are the books to read.
on Amazon.com

Blog

Doubts

Posted on May 13th, 2009 by annakjarzab

My right bicep hurts. Hm. Don’t remember doing any heavy lifting lately, although I did do several loads of laundry Monday night while talking on the phone to Kim, so maybe that’s why? How obnoxious. I’m the only person I know who can get sore muscles from doing laundry.

Anyway, doubts: I haz them. I’ve been overtaken by the world of GR, but recently I opened my SM synopsis and OH MY GOD IT LOOKS SO MUCH EASIER TO WRITE. I have about ten pages of synopsis and notes and as I read through it I kept being surprised by my own cleverness (also, by my own humility) and how much thinking I’d already done. And compared to SM, GR is starting to look like a big old ridiculous mess. A cool mess, but a mess nonetheless (who am I, Dr. Seuss? Shut it down).

So I’ve been thinking that maybe I should just write SM while I do the research for GR, since I’ve already kind of figured out that’s going to be a bit above average. It sounds sort of impossible for me to do that, but then I think about how I wrote AUT and planned out/researched MB at roughly the same time, so maybe it could be okay. In fact, I think I might be able to get the SM synopsis done in a weekend or two. We’ll see.

Apropos of nothing, a note to those who consider my cover “creepy”*–you don’t know from creepy. Take a gander:

sleepless_jkt-7-10-08preview

Sleepless
by Thomas Fahy

That is BLOOD. From her EYES. Running down her FACE. That is some serious creepitude, no joke. It reminds me of that episode of The X-Files that Stephen King wrote (“Chinga”) where the haunted doll makes people claw out their eyes in the grocery store. Obviously, I can’t wait to read it.

*Not that you’re wrong, it totally is.

6 Responses to “Doubts”

Alberto Lung on May 13th, 2009 at 12:29 pm Said:

Great post!

Shannel on May 13th, 2009 at 12:49 pm Said:

A few things:
1. I was on Amazon.com yesterday looking for a replacement charger, and just had to do a search on your name… yay! I was excited to see not only AUT in book but also audio version available. That was quick!!

2. When reading your blog and reading the acronyms of your books’/soon to be books’ titles I like “AUT” because I pronounce it like the word “ought”… this also causes me to growl “grrr” when I read the acronym “GR” and hum “smmm” when I read the acronym “SM.” Just thought you should know.

3. Bloody eyes — gross.

Yeahokaythanks.

annakjarzab on May 13th, 2009 at 12:53 pm Said:

1. I know, it’s been up for a few weeks–very, very exciting! Hadn’t seen that audio was up on Amazon, though.

2. That’s so funny, because in my head, I also pronounce AUT like “ought.” Joanna says it “Ay-You-Tee,” and I never say the acronym out loud, but in my head it’s “ought.”

3. So gross.

Mary on May 13th, 2009 at 1:22 pm Said:

I know I’ve said this here before, but: Thanks for the nightmares.

Also, that episode of the X-Files is not one of the three I’ve seen, but it sounds horrifying.

Also, can you call your novels things other than their initials? I get confused. You could call them different animals, or colors, or condiments. For us slow kids. You know, me.

Joanna on May 13th, 2009 at 1:38 pm Said:

I laughed so much and for so long at “That is BLOOD. From her EYES. Running down her FACE.” I could just picture you saying it and it was awesome.

courtney on May 15th, 2009 at 8:25 pm Said:

Your cover isn’t creepy! It is chilling. And it reminds me of the cold, even though it is a clearly sunny day and anyway OH MY GOD AT THAT COVER WITH THE EYE BLOOD WHAT.
*disturbed*